Friday, August 30, 2013

Long week

It's been a long week. I'm on call for work so that usually means I'm stuck behind a laptop or least always have my laptop at hand just in case I get paged for work. Overall it hasn't been bad but being on call usually keeps me from doing anything of note. I hate going places only to be paged while I'm there. So when I'm on call I just sit and vegetate.

I haven't worked out at all. I've been battling back aches. My back just gets sore from time to time for no real reason at all. When it's bad I feel the pain in my legs, usually my left leg. If there was a such a thing as a back transplant I'd be all over it.

It's just been busy for me this week. I've been trying to get some stuff around the house done and school starts next week for the kids. In between that, work, and transitioning from summer to school I welcome a normal, non busy week. We're doing our last bit of shopping this weekend and we're finally done.

I lied, a non busy week doesn't exist in my life. Even though school starts next week I don't get a break. One son starts football and another is still in bjj. In fact, we're traveling out of state for a bjj tournament the week school starts. Its going to be a huge tournament. It's going to be a good test to see where my youngest is at skill wise. He'll smash his opponents. I'm pretty sure.

This Saturday I'm signing up for bjj myself. It's been a long time coming. I've always loved the sport/martial art. I love the science of it. I see it as a chess match. It's not predicated on strength or size. It's a martial art that's all about technique. I really enjoy the minutiae of it. Little details could mean a loss versus a win. I'm something of bjj nerd. I spend a lot of time watching videos and reading articles on technique. At first I did it for my son. As I got more and more into it I started to realize how much it appeals to me. So now that school shopping is done, bjj is what I'm spending my money on. I'm so looking foward to it.

My plan for this weekend more bjj (doesn't my life seem to revolve around it lately??) and some final shopping for school. Otherwise it's just time to relax.

Pretty shit post huh? Thanks for reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment