Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I stood her up

I stood up my date with the gym last night. By the time I got home from all the other activities I was just too tired. I know that sounds like an excuse, really it is.

However all was not lost. I did get my lunch prepped, my clothes ready, and I even packed my gym bag. This was a good alternative to missing the gym. At least my whole day wasn't a waste.

I think one of the keys to my life and finding balance in it is finding a routine. I'm very OCD in that aspect. There are things in my life that have to be a certain way or it won't work for me. For example, if I start something new, it has to be on a Monday. Mondays signals the beginning. It makes sense to start something at the beginning right?

Well I'm trying to break away from that. I'm trying to step outside my comfort zone and challenge myself a little bit. One thing I know about me is that I rise to challenges. I have this mile wide stubborn streak that refuses to give in. Breaking habits is going to be tough though. I often wonder why good habits are easy to drop and bad habits are hard to break?

Starting this blog is a key for me and finding balance. I find myself restless at night because I have continuous thoughts running through my head. It's not very conducive to clarity. Using this blog to dump my thoughts will go a long way towards clarity.

Here's to new beginnings, balance, and clarity.



No comments:

Post a Comment