Thursday, June 6, 2013

Stop Go

Life has a funny way of getting in the way of...life. Even the best laid plans hit a bump in the road. I've been meaning to hit the gym but that's just not working out. I'm just not working out. It's okay though. In the past I might beat myself up about it but that really got me nowhere fast.

I'm not sure who said it but, 'It's not the number of times you get knocked down that counts, it's the number of times you get up.' The saying goes something like that.

In lieu of the gym I have been eating well though. I think the hardest part of trying to get in shape is the eating part. I've got that in place so it's not as if I'm at a complete standstill.

I think that's just the way I work. Some cosmic force challenges me when it sees things getting better and it throws obstacles in my way. I'm a big believer that life is a living, breathing force of nature. It's a fluid entity that at times presents itself in the form of tests, obstacles. It's as Darwinian in that way. Those who take the challenge head on move on. Those acquiesce to adversity are the same people you know, work with, live with that constantly complain yet do nothing to move forward.

Or maybe it's just the alpha male in me. I refuse to give in. I refuse to give up. It's not in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment